We understand the use of an iPhone on the Solavei Network is important to our members, and our members experience is our top priority.
Due to the current iPhone experience on the Solavei Network we encourage our members to purchase or use an Android device, however if you are a loyal iPhone user consider the following before making this decision:
- The iPhone will not be an officially supported phone by Solavei at the time of launch because the iPhone is not compatible with the Solavei Community mobile application. For iPhone users, access to the Solavei Community will be available via the website which you can still reach from your phone browser.
- The iPhone will be categorized as a “Usable Phone” – meaning that provided the member has an unlocked GSM (takes a SIM card) version of the iPhone, they will be able to put in a Solavei SIM card and get a quality voice and text experience with data at 2G / EDGE speeds.
- Enhancing data speeds to 3G and 4G on the Solavei Network requires Solavei partners to complete a significant network upgrade and become compatible with a new frequency range. Our partners are investing heavily and have urgency to complete these upgrades. Solavei will notify its members as use of higher speeds for the iPhone become available city-by-city in the future.
Why Does The Solavei Network Use The Android OS?
- The HTC One S currently being offered by Solavei is rich and highly competitive phone that many critics are declaring to be superior to the iPhone.
- Android market share in the U.S and nationwide continues to rise and far exceeds any other operating system. There are roughly 100M smart phones in use in the U.S, 50% of these being Android (50M), 30% being iPhones (30M) with a smaller share of Blackberry, Windows, ect.
- The 50%+ of U.S. Android mobile users also rave about the variety of handset manufactures, styles, pricing and free applications available with the Android operating system.